Dominion Hills 2017 swim and dive registration is now open!
Here are few guidelines to hopefully make the regisration process quick and easy.
1. Registration for the 2017 Summer season is now open. You can access the site at https://dhwarriors.swimtopia.com/register. For those returning to the teams, please login using your same user name and password from last year before registering. This should save you having to reenter all your information. If you are a returning member and know of new members interested in the swim and dive program please forward this email to them.
2. Spirit wear is also available for purchase with your registration. If you decide to purchase spirit wear items after you register, you can do so in the store section of the website. All spirit wear items must be ordered by June 1st. We will notify you when they are available to pick up. If the minimum order is not reached your money will be returned.
3. Each athlete will receive a t-shirt from each team theyregisterwith. If youregister by Monday May 24 we will ensure the t shirt size you select for your athlete is delivered to the athlete. If youregisterafter May 24 then size selection is on a first come first served basis.
4. Mini Warriors: If your swimmer was a Mini Warrior last year then we recommend you pay theregistrationfee when youregister. If you have a new swimmer who must be evaluated to see if they are strong enough to be a Mini Warrior then we recommend you hold off paying theregistrationfee for your mini warrior until after the evaluation. If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact us email@example.com.
5. A completedregistrationmust be on hand and payment received before a swimmer can participate in a practice. Mini warrior evaluations do not count as a practice so payment is not required. However, we would prefer aregistrationform on file if possible.
We all look forward to a fun 2017 season.
Angela, Thomas, Mike and Carolyn
The Dominion Hills Swim & Dive Team offers DHARA pool members between the ages of 6 and 18 the opportunity to compete against athletes from other Northern Virginia pools in the Northern Virginia Swim League (NVSL), one of the oldest and largest youth sports leagues in the country. There are lots of good reasons to join the team.
The athletes love the team because they get to make lots of new friends, participate in pep rallies, improve their strokes and dives, improve their times, cheer on their team mates, travel all over Northern Virginia checking out other team's pools, wear cool swim suits, get up early in the morning to practice, eat donuts and pancakes, take home an award at the end of the season, and really enjoy being part of a team.
Parents love the swim and dive team because they get to know other pool members, share in their child's success, get up at the crack of dawn to drink coffee by the pool during practice, enjoy sitting in the hot sun cheering on the team at meets (or alternately sitting behind the concession stand cheering while selling burgers and hot dogs), travel to parts of Northern Virginia they never knew existed, and really enjoy the team experience.
The Legend of the Warriors
The team is named for the young, athletic members of the Indian tribes who in the past roamed this area. They would be called by Chief Powhatan to meet periodically at the natural spring currently enclosed in a spring house in the valley at the rear of the Dominion Hills’ property. The spring appears on the first maps of the area. Dominion Hills Warriors draw their strength from a long line of warriors, and their speed from the “fast water” of the spring.